By: Simone Staiger, Head, Knowledge and Learning and Leroy Mwanzia,Chief Data Officer
The theme for OA week this year is “Designing Equitable Foundations for Open Knowledge.” It incidentally falls on the same year when the five-year transition period for the implementation of the CGIAR Open Access and Data Management policy comes to an end.The policy mandates for the broadest possible distribution of all our information products while allowing for needed exemptions and guaranteeing fundamental rights such as farmers and authorship rights.This policy was fully adopted by CIAT and guides our open access efforts with support from the Organize module of the CGIAR Big Data Platform.We are continually striving towards 100% compliance to this policy.
We thank our researchers for the willingness to make our information and data open for the widest possible use. Here are some updates that we are proud to share:
- The percentage of open access publications in refereed journals will undoubtedly reach 85% by the end of 2018!
- We are leaders in CGIAR in assuring green open access of peer-reviewed! We thank you for your willingness to share the manuscripts of your peer-reviewed articles!
- Over 90% of all the static datasets published on CIAT’s data repository, Dataverse, are fully open access.
- CIAT and CCAFS have provided an updated version of https://ciat.cgiar.org/data-management-support-pack, which is designed to help researchers produce high-quality and reusable data.
- CIAT is currently the most active contributors to CGSpace repository with the highest number of downloads. Our online F.A.I.R. repository (findable, accessible, interoperable, reusable) has reached 12,500 entries and is 87% open access!
- In collaboration with PABRA, we boosted open access to PABRA information resources https://cgspace.cgiar.org/handle/10568/80211
Follow open access week at #OAWeek2018
Search CIAT’s online repository: https://ciat.cgiar.org/publications/
Search CIAT’s open data repository: http://data.ciat.cgiar.org/
For further information contact Elizabeth Campillo: email@example.com
For Open Data related queries contact Carolina Garcia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Big Data Platform Twitter Chat: Open access, open data and agricultural innovations, Friday 26 October 3:00 to 4:00 pm CET. #OAWeekChat #bigdatainag #OpenAccess #OpenData @CIAT_ @CGIAR